Sunday, August 11, 2013

NOTD Sundays? | Summer Snowflakes



I know, I know, my post is late. I've been working all weekend and haven't had a chance to take any pictures or make a blog post. So here I am, better late than never. This week I wanted to go for a brighter, white nail polish but I didn't want a flat, white-out colour. I chose OPI's Kyoto Pearl as a base white colour. I wasn't sure whether I'd want to do anything else, but I had purchased Ceramic Glaze's Vegas Vixen so I knew that I did in-fact want silver sparkles. Who wouldn't? The decision here was how I'd apply these sparkles. I considered applying them to the top and fading them down, but that was a look I'd done before. I then had the option of only painting my ring fingers in full sparkles, or even do full ring fingers and fade the rest of the nails. I went lazy crazy and just did everything in full sparkle.

Unfortunately, some hitting happened and the thumbs got a little banged up, but other than that, the nails are in great sparkly condition. I know OPI is one of the most known and used nail polish brands, but personally, I think it's overpriced and not the best. GOSH has some of my favourite nail polishes (and Forever 21, duh).

As for Ceramic Glaze, I've never heard of it but Shopper's had it in a bin with other OPI colours for $5, so I decided to give it a shot. I do already have a silver sparkle nail polish from Forever 21, but they're chunky glitters and there's not as many.

Ada xx

4 comments:

  1. Your nails look very cute :) I love how it's a white color with a twist
    http://dharapatelio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love OPI, I use Fragrance Direct to get OPI for £3.99 instead of about £10 on other sites :)
    I think this is such a great combination! xx

    Trial and Error Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, I wish they'd ship to Canada! But I agree.

      Delete