1. Why did you start blogging?
I've always had a love for beauty and fashion and I've always wanted to share it with other people. Blogging is such a wonderful medium for people who are interested in knowing more. When I started my Youtube account, I never had a blog and then only got one because I needed to post everything I mentioned in the video somehow, right? But I soon found how much I enjoyed blogging and began looking forward to making that new post.
2. Who is your role model?
At the moment I have 5: the Olsen twins, Hilary Duff, Lauren Conrad and Miranda Kerr. I always go back to these five beautiful women because they are strong, independent women who know exactly what they want and go for it. The Olsen twins have made their own empires; they were childhood stars and could easily be in any movie, but instead chose to get into fashion and have killed it. Lizzie McGuire was the show when I was a little girl, and seeing Hilary now is just amazing. She's become this amazing woman. Lauren Conrad, I think, is an amazing role model for both young girls and older girls. I remember she was asked "What's your favourite position?" and she answered "CEO". To me, that says everything. She's not about The Hills and all its petty drama anymore, she left it to become her own person. And lastly, Miranda Kerr - she is probably one of my most favourite people out there. Not only is she modeling the right way (healthy eating, exercise etc), she has a beautiful family and her own skincare line. I don't know how she does it or even if she sleeps, but she manages to balance this crazy life and I really admire her for it.
3. What are your top 3 best beauty items?
Brow gel, mascara and a lip product. I think every girl is beautiful naturally, so they need to show it off whenever they can! I think using the basic 3 really brightens a girl's natural beauty without looking overdone.
4. What are you favourite beauty brands?
Benefit, MAC, Madison Street Beauty, Quo and Revlon.
5. When is your favourite fashion season?
Fall! Always Fall, no matter the question. The colour changes, the colder weather, the scarves and PUMPKINS. Fall is the season of layers and it's right between being cool and warm so you can rock that shorter skirt with a knit scarf.
6. If you could have any fashion related item in the world right now what would it be?
Hmm probably a Prada bag. Once at the restaurant this girl came in for a wedding and she wore 4 simple things: a beautiful dress, a pair of heels, a beige trench coat and a gorgeous Prada bag. I never saw anyone look so put together but so simple at the same time. I instantly fell in love with the bag but unfortunately could never afford the couple thousand it costs.
7. What your favourite book or magazine?
I never read magazines, mostly because I don't support what they stand for. My favourite book is definitely A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray, along with the other 2 trilogies books. The book is about love, friendship, magic, betrayal and fighting the greater evil within and without.
8. Who or what is your inspiration?
You know, I always find inspiration at randoms times. As a writer, even the way someone looks at another will inspire me enough. When it comes to fashion or beauty, looking through blogs or various looks really helps get the inspiration train flowing.
9. What's your dream/ life goal?
To become an actress, be it small TV show or big movie, I don't care. I just want to be on screen and doing what I love to do. Also, to become a mother. I've always wanted a big family so I'm willing to go up to 12 kids if I can!
10. Where is the favourite place you've visited?
Unfortunately I haven't been able to visit many places, I've never even left North America! But, from the places I've been to in the USA, I'd have to say NYC and Boston. Those cities are just so beautiful that I never wanted to leave! I remember driving down Times Square and just seeing all the lights and brightness and was just in complete awe. Unfortunately the trip did not last very long and we mostly stayed in New Jersey so I didn't see much of the city. I've been dying to go back! Boston was just this beautiful and old city that had many hidden twists and turns. There was one street we parked on and it looked like it was filled with town houses but were only shops. There was a beautiful hat shop and a jewelry shops and everything else!
11. What's your travel essentials?
On the rare occasion that I do travel (for a week or more), I always bring my makeup and hair products (of course), a blow dryer, a book or two (or my Kobo), purse, maybe some knitting, my camera, phone, a blanket, my pillows, and other basic things you can't live without!
The people I nominate are:
2. Maya - http://spiderleglashes.blogspot.co.uk/
3. Eloise - http://simplynaturale.blogspot.ca/
4. Madeline Rose - http://ring-a-roundarosey.blogspot.ca/
5. Bryanellen - http://bryanyellen.blogspot.ca/
6. Dhara - http://dharapatelio.blogspot.ca/
7. Natassa - http://novembrebeaute.blogspot.ca/
8. Vanessa - http://circleofchaos.blogspot.ca/
9. Angela - http://floral-teaparty.blogspot.ca/
10. Nicola - http://www.nicolakatemakeup.com/
11. Phoebe - http://www.northoflondonblog.com/
The questions I'm asking are:
1. What is your favourite thing about a blog?
2. What is your favourite beauty item?
3. If you have to choose one beauty brand to only use, what would it be?
4. What do you think is the Fall 2013 must-have fashion item?
5. What is it about beauty that you love?
6. Favourite childhood memory?
7. Who is your role model?
8. If you won a million dollars, what would you do with it?
9. Why did you start getting into fashion/makeup?
10. If you could travel to one place in the world, where would you go?
11. Are you experimental with your makeup or do you stick to one look that works and use that?
Thanks so much for reading!