Saturday, August 24, 2013

HAUL | FTB Beauty



Hello, hello! It's a good day for a haul day, don'tcha think?

I have been in dire need of a new face powder brush considering the old ELF one I was using was in horrible condition and the bristles were really not nice to my face. I did do some research on which brand to try out and I was going to order from Sigma, but I think their shipping was horrendous and I didn't wanna put myself through that. I'm a big Real Techniques fan, owning around 9 or 10 of their brushes, so I figured what's one more to add? I tried to find the original website I used to order the first few but apparently it's gone, so I had to go on the Real Techniques website and find another retailer. Good thing the other website disappeared because I really found a gem of a place this time. It's called ftbbeauty.ca and they have a small, but really great selection of various beauty brands, and they're located in Toronto so shipping was super quick, easy and inexpensive! I've already used the brush for a few weeks and I love it so much! It is soooo soft, totally incomparable to the old Elf one, and really gives a great finish to my skin. I paid $11 for the brush.

After doing a bit of browsing, I was extremely happy to see they sell Seche nail lacquers. I have been wanting the Seche Vite for forever and couldn't find a close enough retailer or a reliable ebay seller. And the best part? It was $2 cheaper than usual selling price. I was also surprised to find it comes in a much bigger bottle than usual. A regular Essie polish is 13.5mL whereas the Seche Vite is 14.8mL and I only paid $8 for it! If you'd like a full review, please let me know!

I did some more searching and was pleasantly surprised they sell some NYX products. NYX is usually a hit or miss brand for me - I really like their lip products, but their eyeshadows don't really do it for me. I've been wanting to try their Lip Creams, but unfortunately FTB doesn't sell them, but they do sell their Matte Lipsticks, so I decided to try one of them. I did some research and looked at various swatches and I decided to go for a colour I don't usually buy: an orange with red undertones. This one is called Indie Flick and I paid $6.50 for it. I'm a little bit on the fence about the colour because it is so different from ones I'm used to, I think I need to wear it a bit more to get used to it.

Lastly, I decided to pick out two ELF products. When I first started using makeup, I wore a lot of ELF products because they were cheap and good for beginners, but as I got older, I found their quality poor and wanted to move on to bigger and better things. But, that was when they only had one collection, the Professional basic ones. Then they began releasing new ones and people started talking highly about a few of their products for a while. I never really had a chance to pick any up, and when I did, they'd usually be way overpriced in store. I was surprised to find FTB had a few, so I decided to get the Studio HD Blush in the colour Diva and their Studio Mascara & Shadow Shield, both were $4 each. If you'd like a review on either of these products, please let me know and I'd be happy to oblige!

My total, including tax (free shipping), came to: $37.86. I think I got a pretty great deal! I'm definitely planning on ordering from them again soon.

Have you tried any of these products? What did you think?

Ada xx

20 comments:

  1. This website sounds really good but to post to the U.K would make it not worth it I guess. The NYX lipstick is such a lovely colour, I have never tried them before so might have to x
    Freya's Fashion Chapter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss, I'm sure it would be stupidly expensive. But it's weird because postage on Sleek MakeUP from UK to Canada was only like $3. Maybe the company paid for the rest of it??

      Delete
  2. I dont own any Elf products but really want to give them a go! I also love the RT powder brush!

    BritishBeautyAddict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't suggest any of the brushes, they're very low quality. The Studio makeup is pretty good quality and only around $3, so you're not really losing too much money if you don't like it. Plus, they often have 50% off so $1.50 each!

      Delete
  3. great products!:) love the color of the lipstick!♥ I followed you on bloglovin(petra lorencová)and google+(petra lorietta)♥ you can follow me back if you'd like;) Have a nice day♥

    www.lorietta.cz


    My Bloglovin profile

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post is wonderful!Great haul!Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx

    Gleaming Spire // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! And I'm already following you c:

      Delete
  5. love the efl HD Blush color and the lippie is hot red. haven't tried any elf products though..

    ivysmaquillagecove.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, never heard of this site before, but the fact that they are based in Toronto and carry elf products (and other american goodies) is A+!
    Thanks for the link!

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss, it's amazing! I can't wait to place my next order. c:

      Delete
  7. This brush looks gorgeous! It looks so soft, I need one.

    Harian x. Littlecoldcoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard good good things about the hd blush (I've heard it's a dupe for the one by makeup forever).

    Hannah

    girl-plus-world.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a good order, really want to go buy some more real technique brushes now and I also love Seche Vite! Great value for money!

    Eloise | simplynaturale xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. im actually pretty happy with the nyx matte lipsticks. right now rexall have them for 30% off so if you love the formula maybe pick a few more up. i have one in chic red and its a serious power color in the winter for me
    jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nooooo don't tell me these things, I can't buy more lipsticks!

      Delete