Friday, August 16, 2013

FOTD | Forest Finds



Hey guess what, it's time for another FOTD! I'm starting to embrace summer, just as it's coming to an end. Excellent. I really wanted to work with earthy tones to make a forest-inspired look. I wanted a reddy eyeshadow, but I also wanted some green, so this is the look I came up with!

I decided to work a reddish eyeshadow all around my lid and under eye, then I took a very dark brown and very carefully and gently worked it into my crease to really smoke it out and accentuate. I then took a sparkly dark brown and blended it into the outer v. Lastly, my foresty pop of colour went into the inner corner and I gently blended it into the reddish lid colour. I then took a light and sparkly beige and added it just into the inner corner overtop of the green just to brighten. I finished off with some black liner and mascara. I wanted to keep the focus on the eyes, so I used a shimmer, glowing bronzer and highlighter and just an almost-plum blush on the cheeks. The lips I kept natural and very lightly applied a pale skin-tone lipstick.

I used the following products:

Face:
  • Quo BB Cream in Light/Medium
  • MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW20 (as a concealer)
  • Marcelle Loose Translucent Powder
  • Gotta B' Urban Mineral Bronzing Powder in Sunrise
  • Madison Street Beauty blush in Hydrangea
  • Benefit Watt's Up highlighter

Eyes:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
  • Madison Street Beauty eyeshadow in Mauve (lid)
  • Madison Street Beauty eyeshadow in Espresso (crease)
  • Madison Street Beauty eyeshadow in Cacao (outer v)
  • Madison Street Beauty eyeshadow in Wintergreen (inner corner)
  • Quo Nice palette eyeshadow, lightest colour (inner corner over-top Wintergreen)
  • MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack
  • Rimmel Soft Kohl eyeliner in Sable (waterline)
  • Revlon eyelash curler
  • Benefit BadGal Waterproof mascara (top lashes)
  • Avon Super Extend mascara (lower lashes)

Brows:
  • NYX The Runway Collection in Champagne & Caviar palette (dark brown & black)
  • Quo brow gel

Lips:
  •  MAC Myth

Ada xx

8 comments:

  1. I love you FOTD! It's colorful and wearable. I'm following you now on gfc, check out my blog and if you like it follow me too. Lets keep in touch :)

    xoxo

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the makeup in this FOTD! I usually use urban decay eyeshadow primer as well I find it works well with my eyeshadow.

    Harian x. Littlecoldcoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty look! And definitely a good look for transitioning into fall!! :)

    beautywithlily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is SO pretty, and it makes your eyes look amazing!

    yetanothermakeupblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete