Sunday, January 5, 2014

HAUL | The Body Shop


As you all know, I'm super obsessed with The Body Shop and still grieving the day I had to leave them. NOOOO D: It was a great experience and I loved working with all the products and people. I can only hope the one near my house calls me if they have a spot available.

Anyways, just before Christmas and just when I was hired, I decided to do a little shopping. They have a new Colour Crush collection out and I really wanted to give them a shot. How can I say no to lipstick? I can't. I had never seen the collection in person so I had to choose out the colours based on what they looked like online. I decided on Berry Me (matte) and Coral Blush (matte). Originally the lipsticks go for $12.50 each but I got them for $6.50 each. I was attracted to the colours and Coral Blush is a perfect light summertime lipstick and Berry Me was perfect for the fall/winter. Plus they are 2 colours I don't have in my growing collection.

Next I picked out an eyeshadow because why not? This colour is called Mon Cherry and it runs for $10 but I got it for $5. Because my eyes are greenish/brown, purple is the ideal colour for them as it compliments both shades. I opted for this shade because it's very gentle and girly and I'm a sucker for a bit of sparkle/sheen in an eyeshadow. I've just now read on the Body Shop website that you can wear these eyeshadows wet for a more intense colour and I've never tried that before, but I'm so on it!

Also, please ignore the eyeliner in the first picture, I forgot I had already posted about it.

Ada xx

18 comments:

  1. Ooo! coral blush is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice score on the prices! + omg, I love the shades of both lipsticks! (And I generally don't like lipstick, so my compliment has merit, ok)
    I GENUINELY THOUGHT THAT EYESHADOW WAS BLUSH. REALLY NICE PLUMMY BLUSH. :(

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the things I love about The Body Shop is that they have insane sales ALL THE TIME, so you never have to worry about overpaying.
      WHAT YOU DON'T LIKE LIPSTICKS!? Gurl, you cray.
      HAHAHA I love how you're so upset about that. IT'S OK, I can totally use it as a blush too ;D

      Delete
    2. (IDK I JUST HAVE WEIRDLY SHAPED LIPS SO I feel like if I put like a bright shade on it, it'll draw even more attention to how weird they are)
      YOU BETTER. (Except you'd probably run out of it fast if you're using it as blush, haha)

      Delete
    3. NO WAY, your lips are so not weird. Try wearing neutrals first and then slowly build up the colour as you gain confidence, I think it's so worth it.
      HAH truuue, but I kinda like products that run out fast because it means I can buy MORE

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting to try some of their colour crush lipsticks for ages, I love your shade picks especially berry me will most likely buy it next time I'm in there :p xx

    EmmiHearts

    ReplyDelete
  4. :O berry me looks so beautiful!! Does it come out that pigmented in person? Because I have been loving darker berry lips at the moment! I've never tried anything from the body shop any products that I must try? :)

    CSTEPHRUN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! I usually wear a lipbalm before ANY lip product so it doesn't come out AS pigmented (naturally), but when I put it over bare lips it comes out very true to colour. Also, definitely get a body butter, they are amaaazing! The Tea Tree Face Mask is ridiculously awesome and the Chamomile Makeup Remover. Be sure to buy when they're having 50% off or something, they have a different sale going on everyday.

      Delete
  5. You picked some beautiful shades. I also would like to try the lipsticks and the bronzer that everybody talks about.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yessss, their bronzer is amazing, I have the lightest Honey one and I wear it ALL the time.

      Delete
  6. Love the deep colour lippy and I like that everythings not tested on animals :)

    http://champagnelambinibudget.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAME. That's the most important part for me, I'm so against animal testing.

      Delete