Saturday, July 27, 2013

HAUL | Books, Forever21


Hello my lovelies! It's a haul day, what can I say? See what I did there? Me neither. So my cousin and I had a little adventure downtown. We were meant to do some shopping but we mostly ate at Jack Astor's and got lost 300 times because I'm a terrible navigator and should not be trusted with directions. We ended up going to a huge bookstore and browsing around. Surprisingly, my cousin is quite the picky one when it comes to books, whereas I stacked and stacked anything that caught my attention. I picked out three books that seemed the most interesting to me, and they were around $4.99 each.
  • The Daughter Game by Kate Long
  • A Race to Splendor by Ciji Ware
  • The Pattern Scars by Caitlin Sweet
Realistically, do I need these books? Absolutely not, but I need these books. Do you see my dilemma? They are now 256, 257, and 258 in-line on my 'To Read' list. Kidding, but probably not.

We then finally ended up wandering into the mall where we walked too much and browsed too much. Forever 21 was really the only real stop and needed place we ended up in. As she looked through piles of clothes, I browsed the jewelry and spotted these adorable earrings. They're very tribal and I just love the size and the way they almost sound like wind chimes when the feathers hit each other. And the extra bonus? They were only $3.99.

In the line up for the cash, they always have bins of little things people can look through while they wait. As you may or may not know, I am obsessed with their nail polishes and obviously couldn't resist. But, I managed to overpower my obsession a little by only picking out one nail polish. I ended up getting Coral, which is just as the name suggests. I do have pinks and an orange or two, but I don't have any coral nail polishes so it was a pretty obvious choice.

The last item is one that was purchased seperately but does not deserve a post of it's own, and that's the Sally Hansen Salon Effects nail polish strips in the colour Raise a Glass. Now, I did only use these one time so perhaps I do need to try them a few more times to get the hang of 'em, but so far I'm not happy. I think my biggest problem with them is the fact that they don't stick to your nails very well. I found the ends of my nails (where you file), the glue would rub off and the piece would stick off. Although there's not really any dry time and it's a smooth, flat, even surface, they're more trouble than they're worth. I think I'll stick to painting them (which is therapeutic as well, extra plus).

Ada xx

2 comments:

  1. I have the longest to-read list... now I just need the time to get through it all! Haha.
    Spider Leg Lashes xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! If only we could pause time to get through a chunk of our reading.

      Delete