Experimenting with eyeshadows is probably my favourite part of doing my makeup. I always enjoy thinking up different looks and different ways of using my shadows along with different colour combinations. I've never done a look like this, but I have to say it's one of my most favourite.
That day we were going to have a wedding at my work, so I decided to dress up a little for the occasion. I pinned back my hair, added a pair of beautiful layered shell earrings and smoked out the eyes. I only wish I had the time to take better pictures, in order to see the look in its fullness. Unfortunately, I was running late so only had a chance to snap a few pictures by the window in my kitchen.
I knew I wanted my skin to look as luminous as possible, so I went for a rather shimmery bronzer, a bright pink blush and very luminizing highlighter. Because the eyeshadows I used were completely matte, I knew I wouldn't be a walking disco ball. Plus, any glitter in my face products was so sparse and thin that it didn't look overdone. For my eyes, I created a V on the outer corner with a medium-dark brown shadow and blended out. I then lined my top lashline and outer lower lashline with a dark sapphire blue shadow and smoked it out. I highlighted my inner corner but left the browbone alone. I didn't want my brows very strong, so I only lightly filled them in. I only finished the look off with a lipbalm because I knew I wouldn't have time to reapply a lipstick or gloss throughout the night.
- Quo BB Cream in Light/Medium
- MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW20
- Sleek MakeUP Luminous Pressed Powder in 01
- Madison Street Beauty in Rose Bronze (bronzer)
- The Body Shop blush in 03
- Mai Couture Highlighter Paper in St. Barts(?)
- Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
- Sleek MakeUP i-Divine palette in Oh So Special (2nd row, 3rd shadow all over lid)
- Madison Street Beauty eyeshadow in Espresso (outer-v, blend into crease)
- Madison Street Beauty eyeshadow in Smoky Sapphire (liner)
- Madison Street Beauty eyeshadow in Rose Gold (inner corner)
- Rimmel Extreme Definition duo eyeliner (grey - waterline)
- Shu Uemura eyelash curler
- Badgal Waterproof mascara (upper)
- Benefit They're Real! mascara (lower)
- NYX The Runway Collection palette in Silk & Caviar (dark brown and black)
- Quo eyebrow gel