Sunday, November 24, 2013

REVIEW | ELF HD Blush


A few months ago I purchased the e.l.f. HD Blush in the colour Diva off of ftbbeauty.ca for $4. I've been planning to do a review for a while but just never came around to it, but here it is... finally!

The blush comes in a 10ml (0.34 fl.oz.) bottle and has an easy to use pump. The amount is huge and 100% worth the price! I really like the packing, I think it looks sleek and professional. I love the matte black accents and I love the fact that it's in a pump, you don't have to worry about bacteria and you can easily control the amount you pump out. I also really love that the entire bottle is translucent so you can see the colour of the blush and you can see exactly how much you have left.

According to the description, the blush has a "Vitamin E enriched formula" and it "conditions and hydrates." I'm not concerned about it having Vitamin E, but after doing a little bit of research, I learned that it's an antioxidant beneficiary to the skin and eyes. Obviously this blush is not meant for the eyes, so that doesn't matter, but it's great that it's good for the skin! I'm sure there isn't a particularly significant amount in the blush, but even the little bit must make some sort of difference.

The formula is very smooth and not too liquid and not too thick, it's just perfect. I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with this formula. This will probably sound ridiculous but the formula is literally too pigmented! It is so strong and bright that you really need to take the most care to not apply too much or you'll look like a clown. I kinda like using up my products and moving on to new ones, but I just know that this will last me forever and more. If you're one of those people that wear very little makeup and only own 1 or 2 blushes, this would be a great match for you.

I like to pump out a tiny bit onto my hand, tap a large duo fibre brush into the blush and then carefully apply it to my cheeks. It blends out wonderfully and dries to a matte finish. I've worn it all day long and it did not budge a bit (which is why it's really important you're careful when applying). It easily removes with some soap and water, which I think it very important for such a bright, pigmented product.

I've used this blush as a lipstick as well and it works wonders! I don't have to worry about using too much, I just pump out a bunch and apply it and it dries super nicely and leaves a gorgeous bright lip.

Performance: 10/10
Value: 10/10
Quality: 9/10

Hope you found my review helpful!

Ada xx

6 comments:

  1. Genius using this as a lipstick!

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen these bad boys swatched and used by many ladies and HOLY they are sooo pigmented! I haven't used or got into using any cream or liquid blushes but that shade sheer would be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!! I would definitely go crazier for them if they were a bit sheerer.

      Delete
  3. Ada, I hope you had a lovely Christmas and may all your wishes for 2014 come true!
    Thanks for all your lovely comments
    x
    Melissah from Scrapbook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, lovely! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

      Delete